Friday, August 28, 2009

THE BAN ON LIGHT BULBS: panic buying

While we are on the subject of Kyoto induced changes: those who haven't already overdosed on "energy saving light bulb arguements" might like to catch up. The rest of us have probably already purchased a few spare incandescent bulbs while the market irons out its problems? Most of the antique light fittings I have purchased over the years will definitely NOT suit the new ES bulbs so I am supporting the "mild stockpiling".
I guess it's a bit like sticking with XP while other PC users act as product testers for Microsoft's Vista: selfish but probably sensible. While panic buying is never a clever option I'd really prefer not to have to replace 50% of my light fitings...
Reuters reported a massive grouth in the energy saving bulb market. Well...sure! Here is one of the many ES lamp online suppliers' help links now available.

No comments: